Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Friday, June 22, 2012
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Friday, June 8, 2012
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Monday, June 4, 2012
Sunday, June 3, 2012
Saturday, June 2, 2012
May 30, 2012
Ten Things for Front Porch enjoyment.
10. If you are with someone, talk about everything but religion and politics. If you are by yourself, think about everything but religion and politics.
9. snuggle in the swing with someone special. NOTE: this is not mandatory. Hugging yourself is. Appreciate the moment whether alone or with someone.
8. verbally harrass the neighboring squirrels; i.e., hey, you, tree rodent, get outta my yard!
7. Immerse yourself in the 3D high def world that exists in glorious panoramic proportions outside on the front porch, and forget about television and internet.
6. forget about the dirty dishes piled sky high in the kitchen sink while you sip on your favorite wine. Dark chocolate and also ice cream are also a good choices for front porch meditations.
5. read something made on sheets called paper that usually has a binding of some sort; now there is a thought; no I pads, I pods, computer devices allowed. No newspapers either, as the world of woeful news is not allowed on the drama free zone of the front porch.
4. When dinner is finished, herd your family and friends out to the front porch and conduct watermelon seed spitting contests. Important note: avoid buying a seedless watermelon to avert intense disappointment when the contest begins.
3. Take pen and stationery out to the swing and write a lovely letter to someone who would enjoy hearing from you.
2. After dark the front porch takes on a romantic aspect. To increase this transformation, buy a citronella candle for after dark front porch musings.
1. Take a nap.
note: if you live in Southern climes as I do, a good bug repellent is recommended. Don't let the nasty little bloodsuckers keep you from enjoying the front porch this summer.